Glide Power Assist
The Glide Power Assist System is designed to help users reach new levels of independence, supplementing a user’s ability to self-propel via motors located in the hub of each wheel. The product consists of two quick release rear wheels and is designed to be attached to the Glide Series 2 range of wheelchairs. Two models are available to suit users requiring differing levels of assistance to self-propel the wheelchair.
- Operates as per normal manual wheelchair but with the assistance of a drive motor
- Can be fitted to the Adult range of Glide G2 Manual wheelchairs
- Suited for most G2 set ups and may also be retro fitted if you already own a Glide G2s
- Steering with hand rim operation
- Power Assist braking + manual park wheelchair brake
- Lightweight aluminium modular frame
- Rear direct drive wheels
- 24 x 1 3/8 Pneumatic with quick release rear wheels
- Lithium-ion batteries
- Travel range ~30kms
- Load capacity (includes wheelchair and user) – 130kg
- Rollback prevention and downhill speed control
- Quick release wheels
- Can be used in conjunction with a FreeWheel to really expand your horizons!